Thursday, July 22, 2010

Banana


I only eat seedless fruits. I find the idea of putting in something in the mouth and not swallow them disgusting. I don’t chew gums too. There are a few stories behind this but I’m not getting into that right now. I do eat fruits with tiny seeds like grapes and watermelon; the seeds, I’ll just swallow. So, most Malaysian fruits are out. The best seedless fruits of all are non-other than bananas. They are nice, soft, sweet, high in potassium, vitamin C, carbohydrates for energy, glycogen, no fat, no cholesterol, and no sodium and they are available all year round. They don’t stink and in fact they smell quite good.

Bananas are widely available world over. Everybody can recognize a banana. Yellow on the outside, and white in the inside; beautiful. They are quite versatile too. You can eat them raw or be creative and cook them; improvise I might say.

I also like the fact that their global presence, that made them well recognized, turns them to be a very practical choice of fruit. The world knows them. I know them. Wherever I go I somehow tend to look for bananas. Those places may have many exotic fruits to offer and I will give them a try but so far, I haven't and I think I will never find a type of fruit that I love as much as bananas. Bananas are like my gravity. I may once in a while prefer other kinds of fruits but eventually my love for bananas will and always will prevail. They fulfill my needs and I understand them. I know how to eat them. I know when to eat them and when not to. I know how to cut them and where to poke to split them open.

So that’s that. I love bananas. The way they look; yellow smooth skin on the outside and soft and tender in the inside, the way they taste; the riper, the sweeter. I like them cold, I love them hot. I like them in pajamas, even better without.

They give me strength and energy and ease my guts.

No comments: